Highlights of June

I can't believe the months, days, and minutes are flying by. We have celebrated the end of the school year with field trips, awards ceremonies, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays & everything in between! Wow!! The days are just flying by and I want to catch up here on the blog. The reason I have a blog is not only to keep in touch with you but also a way to document our lives. To record our adventures and everyday moments that we are experiencing as a family.
And my experience as a mom of 5, trying to raise them through God's Word. Sometimes life is happening so quickly and I am busy living in the moments, it can be hard to make time to sit down and record them. Sometimes things don't go as planned but I'm trying and I believe that has to count. So here is a look at  some of the highlights of the month of June.


In the beginning of the month the boys' school has an annual carnival and this year the theme was Olympics. It turned out pretty cool, but very hot. 




  Gabriel is ready to swim with his new shark goggles! 
Lot's of swimming has been going on this summer.




 James with his end of the year project on Italia. He had to do the report in Spanish and his teacher said he did Awesome!!




One morning I took Gabriel and Daniel to the park. 

Gabriel had fun at the park going down the slides!



            Michael had a end of the year field trip at Yucaipa park.




I took the all 5 of the kids to NASA'S JPL in Pasadena, Ca by myself because Jorge had to work. I have never been here and I gotta tell you it was amazing! You definitely have to get there early because parking is horrible and there is so much to see. 



One weekend a year they open NASA's JPL free to the public. They have amazing exhibit's and so much information. It is really a great learning experience for the kids. There were a ton of people there, it reminded me of Disneyland with all the lines for the exhibits. 


I would like to go again but next time Jorge has to come. I'm not going to lie it was hard with all 5 kids. I did it, we survived but it probably would've been a better day if Dad was there to help. Lot's of walking and whining going on here. As you can see from the picture below. 

  
I love taking pictures and these are all I took. I kind of forgot. 
As I snapped these after the melt downs. 

Ahh... here is few happy moments below.



These pictures were pretty neat. They took your picture in front of a green screen to make it look like we were on Mars in 3-D. Pretty cool! They sent us home with 3-D glasses and e-mailed our picture for free! Woo hoo!! 
So if you have any 3-D glasses lying around take them out to look at the pictures below. 






The boy's last day of school was filled with awards and trophies for having perfect attendance for the whole year!! I'm so proud of you guys and I'm so glad we are having a break. We so need a break from homework, projects and testing!




We celebrated James' 9th birthday this month. I can't believe my little guy turned 9, he is growing up way to fast. He wanted a baseball theme at the waterside park. So I thought it would be cute to make the invitations look like baseball tickets. All using Picmonkey!! Thank you Picmonkey!!  




 Happy Birthday my sweet Jimmy, we love you to infinity and beyond!!


 Father's Day landed on Jimmy's birthday this year so we celebrated both together. We had Jimmy's party with his friends later in the month. 


Here is a picture I made for Jorge for Father's Day, I love how it turned out! This idea wasn't mine but I found it on the internet and knew it would be perfect for Father's Day. 



The kids have been enjoying slipping sliding with the neighborhood kids and bike riding!


And of course swimming, like almost every other day! 


           
                            I'm afraid they might turn into fish! They are all definitely keeping cool and getting a tan, that's for sure!



So how's your summer been? I hope you're making memories and enjoying everyday moments with your families! 

Talk to you soon.... I promise!



















No comments