what i made monday {DIY} Fingerprint Necklace

A few months ago I saw these beautiful necklaces with your child's fingerprints that Sarah made over on her blog. I LOVE anything that is personalized or has to do with my children's hand or fingerprints. So I definitely wanted to give this a try. I think any mom would love this, so I thought I'd share this beautiful idea since Mother's Day is fast approaching!! Sarah has great tutorial on her blog, so please go check it out!!

I did mine a little different, so I thought I'd share how I made mine. So here's how:

Supplies:

Sculpey Oven Bake Clay( I used Metallic Grey)
necklace chain
jump rings
pen
needle
pliers







First your going to take a small piece of clay and roll it into ball. I used metallic grey because 
I thought it looked more like silver. Although you can use any color you'd like.




 Next you'll take your pen and roll it out. Imagine your pen is a small rolling pin. I flattened it out to a oval shape. 



Now, if you don't like it. Just start over till you get your desired shape. You want your clay to be not too thin because you need to have it thick enough for the impression. 



Once you have your desired shape, gently place your child's finger in the clay. And if you make a mistake, just start again till you are happy with how it looks. 





Once you're happy with the impression, take the needle and make a small hole at the top, this will be where you'll attach the jump ring. 
Then you'll place your fingerprint pendant onto a cookie sheet lined with foil.
  Then follow the baking directions on your package from the clay. 
I baked mine at 275 for 15 minutes. 

When it's done, let it cool so it can harden before you attach the jump ring and chain. I used a chain that I had on hand. But you could easily make your own or find a completed one at a craft store. 



And that's it! You have a cute personalized necklace any mom would love. 



Here is my necklace! I have 5 kids so I had to do all of their fingerprints.... I don't think I'll wear all 5 at the same time :)

Happy crafting!! 





7 comments

  1. What a wonderful idea!! Thank you so much for sharing it at Crafty Moms Share's Mother's Day link party!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh this is so cute...Thanks for the great tutorial! I just took a peek over at your etsy shop and I love all your jewelry!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking up to the Mingle With Us Blog Hop. I am following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your designs! You're so creative.

    New follower from the blog hop. I'd love to have you stop by and check out my blog. I host a Weekend Blog Walk that runs Friday night to Sunday, and I co-host Mom's Monday Mingle and Favorite Product Friday. I hope you can stop by and visit!

    Jessica @ http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A so cute fingerprint pendants you have here, it's pretty cool if you have a lot of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete